Dental implants, one of the tooth restoration options provided by your Menomonee Falls, WI, dentists, Dr. Eyad Bittar, Dr. Brian Stark, & Dr. Thomas Dudley of Avenue Dental Group, can help you replace your missing teeth. In addition to improving your smile, implants offer a few benefits you won't get with other restoration methods.
The ways dental implants can help your smile
Dental implants replace missing tooth roots, making it possible to create a brand new tooth that functions just like your natural teeth. Implants are tiny titanium posts placed in openings in your jawbone made during minor oral surgery. The posts gradually bond to your jawbone during the next three to six months.
Dental crowns attached to the tops of dental implants complete the restoration of your missing teeth. Crowns are made from dental impressions made in the Menomonee Falls, WI, dental office. These restorations recreate the tops of your teeth, enhance your appearance, and make chewing possible.
If you choose implants, you'll enjoy these benefits:
- You'll be able to eat a variety of foods: Strong roots give you the biting power you need to eat hard, sticky, or tough foods. Your biting power can suffer if you opt for a restoration method that only replaces the tops of your missing teeth. Fortunately, loss of biting power isn't a problem with dental implants.
- Your new teeth will feel completely natural: Because dental implants are attached to your jawbone just like your natural teeth, your new tooth won't feel artificial. You also won't have to worry that your restoration will slip and irritate your gums.
- Your implant will last a long time: With proper care, you may never need to replace your implant. Caring for dental implants is easy and only requires daily brushing and flossing, in addition to regular checkups.
- You can replace any number of missing teeth with dental implants: You can replace just one tooth with a dental implant and crown or fill the gaps in your smile with implant-supported dentures or bridges. Implant-supported dentures can sometimes be supported with as few as four dental implants per denture.
- Your jawbone will remain strong: Did you know that your jawbone can shrink after tooth loss? The problem, called resorption, occurs when the bone no longer receives enough stimulation from tooth roots. Replacing lost roots with dental implants keeps the bone strong and healthy.
Restore your smile with dental implants! Call your dentists in Menomonee Falls, WI, Dr. Eyad Bittar, Dr. Brian Stark, & Dr. Thomas Dudley of Avenue Dental Group, at (262) 251-6555 to schedule your appointment.