How Dental Implants Can Help Your Smile
If you're self-conscious about missing teeth or dentures, there’s an alternative that may be right for you: dental implants. Dental implants are artificial replacements for tooth roots. Today, dental implants are the gold standard for replacing missing teeth. Led by dentists, Dr. Brian Stark, Dr. Thomas J. Dudley, & Dr. Malea M. Rogness, Avenue Dental Group (located in Menomonee Falls, WI) offers dental implants to their patients. Read on to find out how dental implants can help your smile.
1. Enhance Your Smile: Missing teeth can ruin an otherwise perfect smile. Dental implants from your dentist in Menomonee Falls, WI, can enhance the appearance of your smile. Dental implants look, feel, and function like natural teeth. With dental implants, you will enjoy the confidence of having a beautiful smile. Millions of people have been thrilled with the results they have enjoyed because of dental implants.
2. Improve Your Speech: Missing teeth can cause speech problems. If you have missing teeth, you may find yourself mumbling or slurring certain words. Ill-fitting dentures can also slip within the mouth causing you to mumble or slur your words. Dental implants will improve your clarity of speech. Securely placed dental implants allow you to enunciate clearly and confidently again.
3. Help You Chew Food: Many people take their teeth for granted — until something goes wrong. Our teeth help us crush, chew and break down food for proper digestion. The absence of one or more teeth can affect your ability to eat certain foods. Dental implants can improve your ability to chew food efficiently. With dental implants, you will be able to eat whatever you want, whenever you want!
4. Prevent Teeth Shifting: Missing teeth not only affects your appearance but also your oral health. Left unreplaced, missing teeth will cause the adjacent teeth to shift into the open spaces, putting them at risk for fractures and damage. When your teeth shift, your bite becomes misaligned, causing problems with your jaw joint. Dental implants can prevent your existing teeth from shifting out of place.
5. Prevent Jawbone Loss: Jawbone loss is a common consequence of tooth loss. When missing teeth are left unreplaced, the jawbone will begin to break down because it is no longer stimulated by your tooth roots. The bone is preserved through the pressure and stimulus of chewing. Dental implants are the only tooth replacement option that prevents jawbone loss and stimulate bone growth.
Ready for a smile makeover? If you want an amazing smile, call your dentists at Avenue Dental Group at (262) 251-6555 right now to schedule a dental consultation in Menomonee Falls, WI. Dental implants can transform your look and your life! We want all of our patients to live their best possible life!